Appointment of New Board Directors: Invitation for Applications from Academicians
The Academy has a place on its Board to fill, giving us the chance to refresh and enhance our capabilities. This also provides us with the opportunity to broaden the diversity of the Board, with regards to age, gender, ethnicity, profession and geographical location.
- A sound understanding of urbanism, gained from experience in practice or research
- Leadership experience, including strategic thinking and decision-making at Board-level
- A willingness and capacity to take on specific board responsibilities and commitment to following them through
- A constructive and inclusive approach
- Enthusiasm to promote the Academy’s mission of Learning from Place
- Regular attendance at quarterly Board meetings and key AoU events
Through this process we are specifically seeking people who can augment the capacity of present Directors in:
- Strengthening our partnerships and developing new sponsor relations
- Engaging the promoter/developer/investor sector of urbanism in the work of the Academy
- Developing our membership strategy, standards and monitoring
- Increasing our engagement in external affairs and adding the Academy’s voice to the urban discourse
We invite applications from any existing Academician, seconded by at least one other. Your application should summarise (1) your career track record, (2) your aspirations for the Academy and (3) the skills and expertise you would bring to the Board. Overall application submissions should be no longer than two sides of A4.
We will establish an Appointments Panel and shortlist and interview candidates in March with commencement anticipated from the Board Meeting on 22 April 2015.
The closing deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 9 February. The interviews will be (provisionally) held on Thursday 26 February at Cowcross Street, London EC1M 6EJ. Applications should be made by email to Linda Gledstone, Director of Operations at email@example.com, and clearly marked ‘AoU Director Application’.
Should you wish to discuss the role further, please contact Linda Gledstone on +44 (0) 20 7251 8777.