Imagining the Future of Food in Cities is a series of events to explore various issues surrounding food and cities and investigate how to support a more sustainable relationship between food and urban living. Two events have so far tackled food production and access. The third, taking place in London on 15 October, will look at the next stage in the chain: consumption.
The Consumer City, will explore and open up debates concerning the opportunities and challenges of food consumption in cities.
The speakers will share their experiences with urban food consumption in short presentations, followed by a Q&A session.
- Dr CJ Lim – Professor of Architecture and Urbanism, The Bartlett, UCL (keynote speaker)
- Jonathan Pauling – Food Team, Greater London Authority
- Dan Woolley – Gleaning Manager, Feeding the 5000
- Shane Holland – Chair, Slow Food London
- Steve Wilson – The Russet
Drinks and snacks will be provided. This event is FREE for Young Urbanist Members. There is a charge of £8 for Non-members. Spaces are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment.