We are looking to recruit a Communications and Events Executive to help encourage and facilitate our members to engage with our activities. The role has two clear functions: to support members to hold activities through our Regions and Nations network and to communicate upcoming events and outputs to our members and the general public.
The role reports to the Deputy Director of Operations and involves close working with the Academy’s Board of Directors.
– Facilitation of Academy events
– Coordinating of the Academy’s Regions and Nations Network
– Communications support: editing and uploading content (text, video and photos) onto the AoU website
– Managing and growing social media channels
– Identifying media opportunities and drafting press releases
– Administration and general office support
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
– Event management
– Self-starter – you will have the opportunity to shape the role and grow our network
– Good time management
– Excellent communications and written / verbal English
– Experience of updating a variety of social media
– Ability to understand or learn to use WordPress
– Experience of press work is desirable
The role is full-time, based in Farringdon, London, with occasional travel and overnight stays around the UK. The role also includes some evening work when events are taking place.
If you are interested please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications: 5 October 2015. We will be looking to hold interviews on week commencing 12 October 2015.