Young Urbanist International Urbanism Studio 2018
May 9 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
On Wednesday 9 May, Grosvenor will host an event titled the ‘International Urbanism Studio’, which brings together Young Urbanists to share their experiences in both research and practice outside of the UK.
This event builds on previous well-received events of the same name hosted by AECOM in February 2015 and at the Prince’s Foundation for Building Community in January 2017. A write up from last year’s studio can be found here.
The theme for this upcoming event will be Connectivity and looks to draw upon a broad coverage of world regions – as well as different built environment sectors. By learning from others global experience, we will look to raise some important questions such as:
- When considering Connectivity, what are some of the challenges faced when working internationally?
- What are some of the most pressing issues presented by Connectivity today?
- What are some of the responses to Connectivity that are being applied?
- What responses to Connectivity are universal, and what are site specific?
- And lastly, what can UK practitioners bring to the context of international projects?
Confirmed speakers include:
– Floriane Ortega, AECOM (details TBA)
– Matthew Carreau, ARUP
– Alisha Fisher, 3°09
– Simon Hicks, Fosters (details TBA)
– Gregorio Maya, Space Syntax (details TBA)
– More speakers to be confirmed
Programme for the evening will be as follows, and we do hope you can join us!
18.45 Welcome from Julie Plichon, The Academy of Urbanism Young Urbanist Co-ordinator
18.50 Welcome by Grosvenor
19.00 Quick-fire presentations from our panel
20.00 Question and Answer Period
20.30 Drinks / Snacks Reception