- This event has passed.
Event / The Future of Drogheda
September 18, 2015 @ 08:25 - 18:00 BST
Following the successful launch of our pilot project “Shaping the Future of Irish Towns” in Mallow Co. Cork last June 2014, the RIAI in association with Louth County Council and the Academy of Urbanism are pleased to announce our next all day Colloquium event in Drogheda County Louth on 18th September 2015.
Topics will include:
- What do you know about the size of Drogheda and the Town Boundary Review?
- Where should the new Development Plan lead?
- What plans are there for the greater Boyne Valley and getting around?
- What about vital development in the Historic Town Core?
- How should traffic, parking and the Public Realm be managed in the Town Centre?
- What will happen when the Council become shareholders in the Port?
- Who will drive the Town forward successfully?
- What can Architects bring to these issues?
- These events aim to promote a multi-disciplinary approach to local communities and stakeholders in developing a consensual vision of their futures, to show the benefits architects and other professionals can bring to such a vision and to showcase exemplary progress elsewhere.
This event will be part of the RIAI CPD programme with structured points available to attending members.