- This event has passed.
Recommended Event / The National Urban Design Conference 2016 – Learning from London
October 6, 2016 @ 11:00 - October 7, 2016 @ 17:00 BST
Whether it is lessons to learn, or mistakes to avoid, there is something for everyone at this year’s National Urban Design Conference. The conference is run on a non-profit making basis, for all politicians and professionals involved in the built environment.
Day 1 – Development and Movement – Infrastructure and Growth – the experience in London and the Regions
Looking at how transport infrastructure and development can be synthesised to create viable high quality towns and cities
- development and rail, trams, guided bus
- resources – existing land and assets, funding, leadership and land
This part of the conference aims to show that there are viable alternatives to the standard approach of low density car based development, and heavy trunk-road style infrastructure in our towns and cities.
Day 2 – Learning from London
- London’s changing global and national context
- districts – the ingredients for success
- designing for population growth: densification, intensification, or greenfield development
- public realm