- This event has passed.
Event / Placebranding and its Contribution to Placemaking
March 31, 2015 @ 17:00 - 19:00 BST
Join us for an innovative workshop on the theme of place and destination branding and its contribution to placemaking led by Academician Malcolm Allan, founder of Placematters.
The workshop will have three elements:
- An introduction to place and destination branding, tracing its emergence over the last fifteen years with examples of recent and current initiatives and projects.
- Group work applying the thinking and ideas shared in the first part of the workshop to a rapidly changing area of central London which has recently developed a comprehensive place and destination brand strategy.
- Groups report back with their ideas in plenary session.
Malcolm will be joined in delivering the workshop by three colleagues he has recently worked with on place brand strategies:
- Philip Harcourt, founder of Development Solutions – a consultancy specialising in development solutions for new or adapted real estate.
- Ashley Dunseath, Partner of LDA Design – landscape architects and masterplanners.
- Ross Sturley, founder and MD of Chartlane – a marketing company specialising in place and development marketing and promotion.
- Roger Hobkinson, Head of Destination Consulting at Colliers International – who has recently been working on brand strategies for Cork and the Wild Atlantic Way.
Malcolm trained as a planner and development economist and has been in practice for forty years in the UK and internationally. In 2003 he set up Placebrands, the world’s first dedicated placebrand agency and now runs Placematters which he founded in 2012. He recently gave an interview to the Place Brand Observer on his approach to place and destination branding which can be found at here.
Light refreshments will be provided. wine will be available by donation.
Image Copyright: Michiel S