- This event has passed.
Kick-off Workshop ‘Planning Under Emergency’
January 16, 2020 @ 18:00 - 20:00 GMT
The ‘Planning Under Emergency’ project examines the current planning system in the UK focusing on the level of responsibilities and fiscal power local authorities have, and within this context, how local authorities can meet the ambitions of the Climate Emergency Declarations (CEDs) and the transformational requirements for net-zero carbon emissions by 2030.
The Young Urbanists Charlie, a historian by background now sustainability consultant, Floriane, an urban planner dedicated to future proofing cities and Hannah a civic engagement professional with a sustainable planning background are hosting their first workshop and waiting to listen to your thoughts.
- A young professional working in the built environment sector (this is intentionally broad!)
- A student exploring the possibilities of urban planning, design, sustainability and climate action
You want to:
- Know more about the initial findings of Charlie, Floriane and Hannah’s ‘Planning Under Emergency’ research project since it kicked off in December
- Share your ideas on how this work should progress going forward, and let us know what information you would find useful or interesting
- Spend part of an evening discussing one of the greatest challenge for the coming decade with some other Young Urbanists?
- Be the next Greta Thunberg?
For those who are joining the conversation now, the ‘Small Grant Scheme’ research project ‘Planning Under Emergency’ aims to identify what type of actions local councils can take to reduce carbon emissions and climate risk vulnerability in the face of planning and financial constraints. Our Young Urbanists want to achieve this by collecting evidence through a set of case studies, from a range of geographies and authorities, to illustrate what is, and can be, done to achieve the ambitions of Climate Emergency Declarations.
18:00 Welcome + Registration
18:30 Presentation of the Project findings
19:00 Roundtable discussion on Project 3 Themes:
- Planning & Green Infrastructure
- Finance & Procurement
19:45 Wrap up
Please note that we have limited space. To reserve your seat please get in touch with Olga Gaitani at email@example.com