- This event has passed.
Design Viability and Delivery
February 19, 2014 @ 16:00 - 18:30 GMT£30
Cabe and The Academy of Urbanism invite you to a joint interactive seminar looking at the challenges of delivering well designed schemes in economically challenging times. Design Viability and Delivery will provide different perspectives on how to effectively engage, influence and participate in delivering and maximising the potential of development.
Presentations from a strategic city planner, local authority, developer and architect will provide insight and provoke debate. The seminar offers an excellent opportunity to address key issues and challenge different perspectives and models to deliver sustainable and successful economic growth.
Speakers will include:
- Colin Mawhinney, Associate Director: Leeds and Partners
- Martin Farrington, Director of City Development: Leeds City Council
- Jaimie Ferguson, Director of Urban Design and Richard Laming, Director of Economic Planning: Turley Associates
- John Thorp MBE, Chair of the Design Advisory Panel: Leeds City Council
- Mark Finch, Real Estate Director: Rushbond
After the seminar, join us for drinks and networking with industry experts and professionals.
By attending, you will get insight into:
- How to manage and overcome issues on viability with planners, developers and architects
- How to approach viability from brief to planning to construction
- How to re-define and re-evaluate the profit margin
- How design can help to achieve viability and longevity
- What viability might mean in the future of the built environment
Free tickets are available for Academicians – please contact Stephen Gallagher for the promotional code on +44 (0) 20 7251 8777 or email [email protected].