- This event has passed.
Imagining the Future of Food in Cities: The Accessible City
June 26, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pmVarious
After a very successful inaugural event, the Young Urbanists are pleased to invite you to the second event in our ‘Imagining the Future of Food in Cities’ series. The series will explore various issues surrounding food and cities, from three different perspectives: production, access and consumption, and aims to investigate how to support a more sustainable relationship between food and urban living.
Our series continues with The Accessible City, which will explore issues and ideas around improving access to food in cities and how we can collaboratively build a more inclusive system of urban nourishment. Join us for drinks and food as we explore and open up debates concerning the opportunities and challenges of food access in cities. Speakers will share their experiences with urban food access in short presentations, followed by a Q&A session.
Confirmed speakers (more to be confirmed):
- Chair: Dominik Hoehn – MRes Anthropology, UCL
- Marina Chang – PhD, Development Planning Unit at UCL
- Ashley Dhanani and Sadie Boniface – Suburban Food Basket Project, UCL
- Dr Hillary Shaw – Managing Director, Shaw Food Systems Ltd
- Elizabeth Maytom and Tim Boyce – Norwood and Brixton Foodbank
- Steve Cole, Neighbourhoods Green Project Coordinator at National Housing Federation
This event is FREE for Young Urbanist Members. There is a charge of £8 for Non-members.