The Academy of Urbanism is a self-funded, politically independent organization led by over 500 leaders, thinkers and practitioners involved in the social, cultural, economic, political and physical development of our villages, towns and cities.
We were formed in 2006 to recognise, learn from, and promote excellence in great placemaking. Since then, we have grown to work pro-actively with places to nurture and help them become more resilient.
We aim to
- Advance the understanding and practice of urbanism through evidence-based inquiry
- Provide an inclusive forum for dialogue across all disciplines
- Fulfill a proactive role in the shaping of our places through sharing knowledge and partnering with communities
- Foster, validate and celebrate excellence in placemaking
How we do this
- Acclaimed events and debates around the UK and Ireland
- A high profile international Awards scheme
- Industry-recognised publications
- Learning visits and masterclass workshops
- A diagnostic service offering Academicians’ expertise to assist places
If you would like any more information about the Academy please contact Stephen Gallagher by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7251 8777.
From Transitional to Transformative Urbanism
A recent Academy event